Islam, Iglesia Ni Kristo, and others teach that Jesus is not God, that He’s only a pure man and a prophet as reflected in Bible. But I must say that these people are lying, if not, they are ignorant of the contents of the Bible for there are a lot of verses that tell about the Godhood of Jesus. You cannot just pick a single or two verses from the Bible to justify your opinion. You need to read its entirety for you to understand its idea before drawing a conclusion from it. Below are some of the Biblical evidences of the Godhood of Jesus;
1. [Psalm 2:12] Kiss the Son, lest He be angry and you perish in your rebellion, when His wrath ignites in an instant. Blessed are all who take refuge in Him.
2. [Isaiah 7:14]: Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel (God with us).
3. [Isaiah 9:6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
COMMENT: This verse that comes from Tanakh strongly testifies that the Son (Jesus) is the almighty God Himself, He is also the Counselor (Spirit of truth) as well as the Father. This verse also testifies the Trinity of God (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit).
4. [Psalm 45:6-7] Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you above your companions with the oil of joy.
5. [Matthew 1:23] “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name “Immanuel” which means, “God with us”.
6. [Matthew 2:1-2] After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
COMMENT: The Magi came to Jerusalem from faraway to worship Jesus so He is God. They must be divinely informed about the arrival of God.
7. [Matthew 2:11] They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
8. [Matthew 4:6-7] “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ ”Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”
COMMENT: In other words, Jesus is telling Satan that, “I am your God, do not put me to the test.”
9. [Matthew 14:32-33] And when they had climbed back into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God!”
10. [Matthew 28:9] Suddenly Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” They came to Him, grasped His feet, and worshiped Him.
11. [Mark 2:27-28] Then Jesus declared, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.
12. [Luke 1:68] Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has visited and redeemed His people.
13. [Luke 2:11] For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
14. [Luke 23:43] Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. ”Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you shall be with me in paradise.”
COMMENT: Jesus says to one of the criminals that He has the authority to admit a person in Paradise anytime. He is the owner of Paradise, therefore, He is God. Jesus claimed that He and the Father are one [John 10:30], that the Father is in Him and He is in the Father [John 10:38].
15. [Luke 24:51-52] While He was blessing them, He left them and was carried up into heaven. And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
16. [John 1:1] “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
17. [John 1:18] No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
18. [John 5:18] This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
19. [John 8:23-24] “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I AM HE, you will indeed die in your sins.”
20. [John 10:28] I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand
21. [John 10:30] “I and the Father are one.”
22. [John 10:33] “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
COMMENT: This verse testifies that Jesus claimed that He’s God, contrary to the allegations of Islam and Iglesia in Kristo that Jesus did not claim that He’s God.
23. [John 13:13] “You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.”
24. [John 14:2-3] My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
COMMENT: Jesus tells His believers that He is going to prepare their rooms in Heaven. And He will be the one to receive them in His abode. In other words, Jesus says that He is the owner of Heaven, therefore, He is God.
25. [John 14:9] Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?
26. [John 14:11] Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.
27.) [John 20:28] Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”
28. [Acts 7:59-60] And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
29. [Romans 9:5] Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise! Amen.
30. [2 Peter 1:1] Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
31. [Titus 2:13] while we wait for the blessed hope–the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
32. [1 Timothy 3:16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
33. [1 Timothy 6:14-16] “our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.”
34. [Philippians 2:5-8] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not a thing to be grasped to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
35. [Colossians 1:15] He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
36. [1 Corinthians 4:4] The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
37. [1 Corinthians 4:6] We are not to think of Jesus beside another person who is also God, but to think of the Father as being within Jesus, for He says, “the Father dwells in Me”
38. [2 Corinthians 4:5] For it is not ourselves that we preach; we preach Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.
39. [Hebrews 1:3] The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
40. [Hebrews 1:8-9] But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.”
COMMENT: In this verse God the Father called the Son “God”, and He is the God of the Son.
41. [Revelation 1:17-18] When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. But He placed His right hand on me and said, “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, the Living One. I was dead, and behold, now I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of Death and of Hades.
42. [Revelation 4:11] “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
43. [Revelation 11:8] And their bodies will lie in the main street of Jerusalem, the city that is figuratively called “Sodom” and “Egypt,” the city where their Lord was crucified.
44. [Revelation 21:6-7] And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life. The one who is victorious will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.