- [Numbers 5:7] and must confess the sin he has committed. He must pay full compensation, add a fifth to its value, and give all this to the one he has wronged
- [Leviticus 5:5] If someone incurs guilt in one of these ways, he must confess the sin he has committed,
- [Leviticus 16:21] “Then Aaron shall lay both of his hands on the head of the live goat, and confess over it all the iniquities of the sons of Israel and all their transgressions in regard to all their sins; and he shall lay them on the head of the goat and send it away into the wilderness by the hand of a man who stands in readiness.
- [Leviticus 26:40] ‘If they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their forefathers, in their unfaithfulness which they committed against Me, and also in their acting with hostility against Me—
- [Nehemiah 9:2] And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all foreigners, and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquities of their fathers.
- [Psalm 32:5] I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I did not hide; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD”; And You forgave the guilt of my sin.
- [Psalm 38:18] For I confess my iniquity; I am full of anxiety because of my sin.
- [Proverbs 28:13] Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
- [Nehemiah 9:2] And the seed of the children of Israel separated themselves from every stranger: and they stood, and confessed their sins, and the iniquities of their fathers.
- [Jeremiah 3:13] But yet acknowledge thy iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the Lord thy God: and thou hast scattered thy ways to strangers under every green tree, and hast not heard my voice, saith the Lord.
- [Jeremiah 14:20] We acknowledge our wickedness, O LORD, the guilt of our fathers; indeed, we have sinned against You.
- [Joshua 7:19] And Joshua said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me.
- [Hosea 5:15] Then I will return to My place until they admit their guilt and seek My face; in their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.”
- [Ezra 10:11] Now make confession to the Lord, the God of your fathers, and do his will
- [Matthew 3:6] And they were being baptized by him in the Jordan River, as they confessed their sins.
- [Matthew 16:19] I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”
- [Matthew 18:18] Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
- [Mark 1:4-5] John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. People went out to him from all of Jerusalem and the countryside of Judea. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.
- [John 20:23] If you forgive anyone’s sins, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
- [Acts 19:18] Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed what they had done.
- [Romans 10:9-11] . . . For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture says, Whosoever believes on him shall not be ashamed.
- [Philippians 2:11] and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- [1 Timothy 6:12] Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
- [1 John 1:9] If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- [James 5:16] Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
Since the name ‘Muhammad’ is nowhere in the Bible, the Muslims desperately quote some verses in the Bible as references of their prophet. One of them is the verse below;
[Deuteronomy 18:18] “I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren or countrymen, like unto you, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him”.
COMMENT: In this verse, God said to Moses that He will raise a prophet from among his brethren (Israelites), Muhammad is not an Israelite so he could not qualify this. This promised prophet will be like Moses in the sense that God put His words into his mouth, and made him as His speaker to Pharaoh to liberate the Israelites. Muhammad was not a speaker of God and did not liberate people, on the contrary, he owned slaves. This promised prophet fits Jesus because He had arisen from Israel’s bloodline and a God’s speaker to His people. Kindly read;
[Luke 7:16] Fear gripped them all, and they began glorifying God, saying, “A great prophet has arisen among us!” and, “God has visited His people!”
[John 12:49] “For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak”
COMMENT: [Luke 7:16] tells the reaction of the people after witnessing Jesus who raised a dead young man. They referred Jesus as a raised prophet and visiting God. And in [John 12:49], Jesus tells us that the Father instructed him on what to say and what to speak, therefore He’s a God’s speaker.
If we read further, verses 20 to 22 in Deuteronomy 18, we can find these verses;
[Deuteronomy 18:20] “But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.”
[Deuteronomy 18:21-22] You may say in your heart, ‘How will we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?’. “When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not come about or come true, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken.
COMMENT: Muhammad clearly spoke in the name of other gods (Al-lat, Manat, and Al-Uzza (Koran 53:19-20). And also he spoke false testimonies in the name of God. Therefore, Muhammad is a fake prophet and should die.
To better understand who is this predicted prophet, let us read Deuteronomy chapter 18, from verse 15 to 20;
15“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your countrymen, you shall listen to him.
16“This is according to all that you asked of the LORD your God in Horeb on the day of the assembly, saying, ‘Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, let me not see this great fire anymore, or I will die.’
17“The LORD said to me, ‘They have spoken well.
18‘I will raise up a prophet from among their countrymen like you, and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.
19‘It shall come about that whoever will not listen to My words which he shall speak in My name, I Myself will require it of him.
20‘But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or which he speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’.
COMMENT: In verse 16, God gives reason why He will raise a prophet, it is because the Israelites were afraid of Him in the form of fire and afraid of His thunderous voice. This is one of the reasons why God took a human form in the person of Jesus so that He could live with His people and they would no longer be afraid of Him, as well as, He could convey his message well to His people.
Ahmed Deedat (who advocated this claim) diverted the meaning of Brethren as Jews intended to connect Muhammad to Israelites. But take note that these brethren were descendants of Jacob (or Israel) who went into Egypt, and when they became numerous, Moses brought them to Canaan (the promise land and later called Israel) _these are chosen people of God. God isolated Jacob from other descendants of Abraham. The people we called Jews that live in Israel are descendants of Jacob. Israel is the name given by God to Jacob. Muhammad cannot be this prophet because he’s a descendant of Ishmael (one of the sons of Abraham) the progenitor of Arab, Muhammad is an Arab. Likewise, Muhammad’s word is not from God for his words were stupid and superstitious (read Hadiths), he even had uttered a Satanic verses (Qur’an 53:19-20). Moreover, Muhammad raped, tortured, and slaughtered many Jews, a sign that he was not born to save the Jews but rather to destroy them. Deedat had luxury in telling lies to his Muslim audience because he knows Muslims are not familiar about the Scriptures. Who is the false prophet? It is He who speaks the name of other gods. Muhammad clearly spoke the name of other gods [Quran 53:19-20].
Genesis 17:20-21 also expose the falsehood of Muhammad;
20And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear unto you at this set time in the next year.
COMMENT: (Genesis 17:21) tells us that the covenant of God shall be established only with Isaac, and not with Ishmael. Muhammad descended from Ishmael blood line, so he could not become a prophet.
Furthermore, the Quran itself debunks the prophethood claim of Muhammad for it says the prophets and scriptures come from Isaac and Jacob (Israel), and not from Ishmael, the ancestor of Muhammad.
[Quran 29:27] And We gave to Him Isaac and Jacob and placed in his descendants prophethood and scripture. And We gave him his reward in this world, and indeed, he is in the Hereafter among the righteous.
Jesus bore the iniquities of mankind, therefore he took the pain and suffering resulted from the punishment accorded to us (mankind). He is presenting himself to God as sinful mankind who is punished on a cross because of our sins. Prophet Isaiah foretold about the suffering Messiah, to quote;
[Isaiah 53:4-6] “Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all”
[Isaiah 53:12] “Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors”
COMMENT: The above verses foretell the fate of Jesus, who would become the bearer of our sins and the taker of our punishment. He would become the intercessor between God and sinful mankind. Jesus showed so much humility, He did not use His divinity to His advantage, instead He used His humanity in going through suffering of crucifixion. Consider the verses below;
[Philippians 2:5-8] “Have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Although he was in the form of God and equal with God, he did not take advantage of this equality. Instead, he emptied himself by taking on the form of a servant, by becoming like other humans, by having a human appearance. He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, death on a cross”
Jesus had authority on Himself if He wanted to, but He intentionally gave up His human life so as to redeem us, as He said;
[John 10:18] “No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”
After the first parents sinned because of the Serpent’s deception, God already had set up a plan to destroy Satan’s work, He said to the Serpent Satan;
“And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel” [Genesis 3:15].
COMMENT: This seed is fulfilled in Jesus who’s born to a woman (Mary). The reason why Jesus was sent by God is to destroy the devil’s work through His death. So that in Jesus death, He might deliver us from the power of death inflicted by Satan. Kindly read;
[1 John 3:8] “He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil”
[Hebrews 2:14-15] “Since then the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage”
All people sinned [Micah 7:2], therefore, all people should be sentenced to death physically and spiritually because the penalty of sin is death. But since God so loved the world, He saved it by sending forth His Spirit to become a perfect man. Jesus presented Himself as an atoning sacrifice (sacrificial lamb). Only righteous or sinless man can enter into Heaven, but how can we be righteous if we are sinners since birth [Psalm 58:3]? A sinner cannot go back to the glory of God by himself. God looked for a sinless or holy man to be the reason He would not destroy mankind, but He had found no one [Ezekiel 22:30 & Ezekiel 22:31]. From this reason, Jesus came down in order to take the penalty of death so that we may not perish due to sin [Psalm 73:27]. He bore our iniquities and died on our behalf so that we can become righteous and justified through Him [Romans 3:25-26]. By Jesus’ suffering and anguish on the cross, God’s wrath become satisfied. As Isaiah prophesied;
[Isaiah 53:11] “As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities”
Jesus was following the will of the Father, His fate was already written in the Scriptures thousand years before His birth. In fact His last word was, “it is finished” [John 19:30], referring to the fulfillment of the prophecies about Him. Kindly check this speech of Jesus to His apostles after His resurrection;
[Luke 24:44] “These are my words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled”
Mankind was separated from God and lost their everlasting life because of the sin of Adam and Eve. Sinlessness means everlasting life, while sin means death, thus, we are dead already because of sin. But through the resurrection of Jesus, we can also be resurrected and be saved from death.
And why God’s spirit needed to become a man in order to save us? Because it is man who sinned, therefore it is man who saves. Kindly read;
[1 Corinthians 15:21] “For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead”
Is the Father unfair by allowing Jesus to be killed? Nope, for He exalted Jesus to the highest place in return, kindly read;
[Psalm 89:27] “And I will appoint him to be my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth”
[Isaiah 52:13] “Behold, My Servant will act wisely; He will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted”
[Hebrews 2:9] “But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because He suffered death, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone”
[Philippians 2:9-11] “Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father”