- [Isaiah 49:7] This is what the LORD says– the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel– to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: “Kings will see you and stand up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you.”
- [Isaiah 50:6] the Lord says, I offered my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard; I did not hide my face from mocking and spitting.
- [Isaiah 53:2-4] He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and forsaken of men, A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; And like one from whom men hide their face, He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted.
- [Isaiah 53:5-6] But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
- [Isaiah 53:7] He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth.
- [Isaiah 53: 8] By oppression and judgment He was taken away; And as for His generation, who considered That He was cut off out of the land of the living For the transgression of my people, to whom the stroke was due
- [Isaiah 53:9] His grave was assigned with wicked men, Yet He was with a rich man in His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was there any deceit in His mouth.
- [Isaiah 53:10] But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand.
- [Isaiah 53:11] As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities.
- [Isaiah 53:12] Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
- [Psalm 22:1] My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
- [Psalm 22:6-8] But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads: “He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.”
- [Psalm 22:14-15] the Lord says, “I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart has turned to wax; it has melted within Me. My mouth is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; you lay me in the dust of death.
- [Psalm 22:16-17] Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment”.
- [Psalm 16:10] For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
- [Psalm 31:5] “Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, LORD, my faithful God.”
- [Psalm 50:15] And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
- [Psalm 69:7-9] Because for Your sake I have borne reproach; Dishonor has covered my face. I have become estranged from my brothers, And an alien to my mother’s sons. For zeal for Your house has consumed me, And the reproaches of those who reproach You have fallen on me.
- [Psalm 69:20-21] You know my reproach, my shame and disgrace. All my adversaries are before You. Insults have broken my heart, and I am in despair. I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found no one. They poisoned my food with gall and gave me vinegar to quench my thirst.
- [Psalm 77:2] In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord; In the night my hand was stretched out without weariness; My soul refused to be comforted.
- [Psalm 86:7] In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, For You will answer me.
- [Zechariah 11:13] Then the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which I was valued by them.” So I took the thirty shekels of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD.
- [Zechariah 12:10] “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only son, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son”.
- [Daniel 9:26] After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed.
- [Micah 5:1-2] “Now muster yourselves in troops, daughter of troops; They have laid siege against us; With a rod they will smite the judge of Israel on the cheek.
- [Matthew 16:21] “From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life”
- [Mark 8:31] “He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again”
- [Luke 24:24-27] And Jesus said to them, “O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?” And beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.
[Genesis 1:2] Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
[Psalm 104:30] When You send Your Spirit, they are created, and You renew the face of the earth.
[Isaiah 48:16] “Come near to Me, listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord GOD has sent Me, and His Spirit.”
[Proverbs 8:23-25] “The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old. “From everlasting I was established, From the beginning, from the earliest times of the earth. “When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no springs abounding with water. “Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills I was brought forth.
[Proverbs 8:27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he drew a circle upon the face of the depth
[Micah 5:2] As for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, seemingly insignificant among the clans of Judah – from you a king will emerge who will rule over Israel on my behalf, one whose origins are in the distant past.
[John 1:1-4] “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men.”
[John 8:57] “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”
[John 17:5] “Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
[John 17:24] Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, that they may see the glory You gave Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
[Colossians 1:17] And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
- [John 1:15] John testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'”
- [Isaiah 9:6] For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
- [Isaiah 48:16] “I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there I AM; and now the Sovereign Lord has sent Me with his Spirit“.
- [Matthew 28:19] Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- [Mark 1:10] As soon as Jesus came up out of the water, He saw the heavens breaking open and the Spirit descending on Him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”
- [Luke 3:21-22] When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as He was praying, heaven was opened, and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in a bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”
- [John 14:15-17] If you love Me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever _ the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him; you know him, for he dwells with you, and will be in you.
- [John 14:26] But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
- [John 15:26] But when the Counselor comes whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of Truth who goes out from the Father, He will testify about Me
- [John 16:15] “Everything that belongs to the Father is Mine. That is why I said that the Spirit will take from what is Mine and disclose it to you.
- [Romans 14:17-18] For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.
- [1 Corinthians 12:4-6] Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone.
- [2 Corinthians 13:14] The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
- [2 Corinthians 21:22 21] Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.
- [1 Thessalonians 5:23] Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- [Hebrews 9:14] how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself unblemished to God, purify our consciences from works of death, so that we may serve the living God!
- [1 Peter 1:2]“Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.”
- [2 Peter 1:17-21] “He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain. And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation. For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.
- [1 John 5:7] For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
- [1 John 5:8] And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one
- [Revelation 19:10] So I fell at his feet to worship him. But he told me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who rely on the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”
PREDICTIONS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT:
- [Genesis 49:10] “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, Nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet, Until Shiloh comes, And to him shall be the obedience of the peoples.
- [Isaiah 9:6] A child is born to us! A son is given to us! And he will be our ruler. He will be called, “Wonderful Counselor,” “Mighty God,” “Eternal Father,” “Prince of Peace
- [Isaiah 53:12] Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
- [Isaiah 52:13] Behold, My servant will prosper, He will be high and lifted up and greatly exalted.
- [Psalm 2:6] “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
- [Psalm 72:11] And let all kings bow down before him, All nations serve him.
- [Psalm 89:27] “I also shall make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.
- [Psalm 8:6] You made him to have dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet
- Daniel 7:14] “And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations and men of every language might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed”.
- [Daniel 7:27] And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey Him.
- [Daniel 2:37] “You, O king, are the king of kings, to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, the strength and the glory.
FULFILLMENT IN THE NEW TESTAMENT:
- [John 3:35] The Father loves the Son and has placed all things in His hands.
- [John 13:3] Jesus knew that the Father had delivered all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was returning to God.
- [John 17:2] For You granted Him authority over all humanity, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him.
- [Matthew 28:18] Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.
- [Matthew 11:27] All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knows the Son, but the Father; neither knows any man the Father, except the Son, and he to whomever the Son will reveal him.
- [Luke 10:22] All things are delivered to me by my Father: and no man knows who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
- [Luke 22:29] So as my Father has given me a kingdom, I’m giving it to you.
- [Hebrews 2:8] and placed everything under his feet.” When God subjected all things to him, He left nothing outside of his control. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.
- [Hebrews 1:2] But in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, and through whom He made the universe
- [Ephesians 1:22] And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church,
- [1 Corinthians 15:24] Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father after He has destroyed all dominion, authority, and power.
- [1 Corinthians 15:27] For he has put all things under his feet. But when he says all things are put under him, it is clear that he is excepted, who did put all things under him.
- [1 Peter 3:22] who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.
- [2 Peter 1:17] “He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
- [Revelation 4:11] “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
- [Revelation 11:15] Then the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and loud voices called out in heaven: “The kingdom of the world is now the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever.”
Islam, Iglesia Ni Kristo, and others teach that Jesus is not God, that He’s only a pure man and a prophet as reflected in Bible. But I must say that these people are lying, if not, they are ignorant of the contents of the Bible for there are a lot of verses that tell about the Godhood of Jesus. You cannot just pick a single or two verses from the Bible to justify your opinion. You need to read its entirety for you to understand its idea before drawing a conclusion from it. Below are some of the Biblical evidences of the Godhood of Jesus;
1. [Psalm 2:12] Kiss the Son, lest He be angry and you perish in your rebellion, when His wrath ignites in an instant. Blessed are all who take refuge in Him.
2. [Isaiah 7:14]: Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel (God with us).
3. [Isaiah 9:6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
COMMENT: This verse that comes from Tanakh strongly testifies that the Son (Jesus) is the almighty God Himself, He is also the Counselor (Spirit of truth) as well as the Father. This verse also testifies the Trinity of God (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit).
4. [Psalm 45:6-7] Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever, and justice is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you above your companions with the oil of joy.
5. [Matthew 1:23] “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name “Immanuel” which means, “God with us”.
6. [Matthew 2:1-2] After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”
COMMENT: The Magi came to Jerusalem from faraway to worship Jesus so He is God. They must be divinely informed about the arrival of God.
7. [Matthew 2:11] They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
8. [Matthew 4:6-7] “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ ”Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’”
COMMENT: In other words, Jesus is telling Satan that, “I am your God, do not put me to the test.”
9. [Matthew 14:32-33] And when they had climbed back into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God!”
10. [Matthew 28:9] Suddenly Jesus met them and said, “Greetings!” They came to Him, grasped His feet, and worshiped Him.
11. [Mark 2:27-28] Then Jesus declared, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. Therefore, the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.
12. [Luke 1:68] Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has visited and redeemed His people.
13. [Luke 2:11] For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
14. [Luke 23:43] Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom. ”Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you shall be with me in paradise.”
COMMENT: Jesus says to one of the criminals that He has the authority to admit a person in Paradise anytime. He is the owner of Paradise, therefore, He is God. Jesus claimed that He and the Father are one [John 10:30], that the Father is in Him and He is in the Father [John 10:38].
15. [Luke 24:51-52] While He was blessing them, He left them and was carried up into heaven. And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
16. [John 1:1] “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
17. [John 1:18] No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.
18. [John 5:18] This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.
19. [John 8:23-24] “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I AM HE, you will indeed die in your sins.”
20. [John 10:28] I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand
21. [John 10:30] “I and the Father are one.”
22. [John 10:33] “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
COMMENT: This verse testifies that Jesus claimed that He’s God, contrary to the allegations of Islam and Iglesia in Kristo that Jesus did not claim that He’s God.
23. [John 13:13] “You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.”
24. [John 14:2-3] My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
COMMENT: Jesus tells His believers that He is going to prepare their rooms in Heaven. And He will be the one to receive them in His abode. In other words, Jesus says that He is the owner of Heaven, therefore, He is God.
25. [John 14:9] Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you?
26. [John 14:11] Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.
27.) [John 20:28] Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”
28. [Acts 7:59-60] And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
29. [Romans 9:5] Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them proceeds the human descent of Christ, who is God over all, forever worthy of praise! Amen.
30. [2 Peter 1:1] Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
31. [Titus 2:13] while we wait for the blessed hope–the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,
32. [1 Timothy 3:16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
33. [1 Timothy 6:14-16] “our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.”
34. [Philippians 2:5-8] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not a thing to be grasped to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
35. [Colossians 1:15] He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.
36. [1 Corinthians 4:4] The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
37. [1 Corinthians 4:6] We are not to think of Jesus beside another person who is also God, but to think of the Father as being within Jesus, for He says, “the Father dwells in Me”
38. [2 Corinthians 4:5] For it is not ourselves that we preach; we preach Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake.
39. [Hebrews 1:3] The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
40. [Hebrews 1:8-9] But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.”
COMMENT: In this verse God the Father called the Son “God”, and He is the God of the Son.
41. [Revelation 1:17-18] When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. But He placed His right hand on me and said, “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, the Living One. I was dead, and behold, now I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of Death and of Hades.
42. [Revelation 4:11] “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
43. [Revelation 11:8] And their bodies will lie in the main street of Jerusalem, the city that is figuratively called “Sodom” and “Egypt,” the city where their Lord was crucified.
44. [Revelation 21:6-7] And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give freely from the spring of the water of life. The one who is victorious will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.
There are many statements in the Holy Bible about the oneness of God and Jesus as described in the Old Testament and the New Testament respectively. The following verses are about their common characteristic, power, and authority which prove that Jesus is God in the flesh. The maroon-highlighted verses are the attributes of God describe in the Old Testament, and the red-highlighted verses are the attributes of Jesus described in the New Testament;
1. GOD OR JESUS TOOK THE NAME, “I AM WHO I AM/I AM HE”
[Exodus 3:13-14] “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.
[Isaiah 43:10] “You are my witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I AM HE. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
[John 13:19] “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I AM WHO I AM.
[John 8:23-24] You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I AM HE, you will indeed die in your sins.”
2. GOD OR JESUS IS THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE
[Isaiah 42:5] Thus says God the LORD, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread out the earth and its offspring, Who gives breath to the people on it And spirit to those who walk in it,
[Colossians 1:16] For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities–all things have been created through Him and for Him.
3. GOD OR JESUS IS THE FIRST AND THE LAST
[Isaiah 44:6] “This is what the LORD says– Israel’s King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
[Revelation 2:8] To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of the First and the Last, who died and returned to life.
4. GOD OR JESUS HAS AN EVERLASTING KINGDOM
[Psalm 145:13] Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.
[2 Peter 1:11] and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
5. GOD OR JESUS IS A KING
[Isaiah 43:15] “I am the LORD, your Holy One, The Creator of Israel, your King.”
[John 18:37] “You are a king, then!” said Pilate. Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”
6. GOD OR JESUS IS THE LORD OF LORDS
[Deuteronomy 10:17] “For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.
[Revelation 17:14] They will make war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will triumph over them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and He will be accompanied by His called and chosen and faithful ones.”
7. GOD OR JESUS HAS ANGELS
[Genesis 32:1] And Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him.
[Matthew 24:31] And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
8. GOD OR JESUS IS A HOLY ONE
[Isaiah 43:15] “I am the LORD, your Holy One, The Creator of Israel, your King.”
[Luke 1:35] “How will this be”, Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”. The angel answered, “the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the Holy One to be born will be called the Son of God”
9. GOD OR JESUS IS A SAVIOR
[Isaiah 43:11] Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no Savior.
[Titus 2:13] while we wait for the blessed hope–the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
10. GOD OR JESUS FORGIVES SINS AND HEALS DISEASES
[Psalm 103:2-4] Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.
[Mark 2:5] When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, “Son, your sins are forgiven.”
11. ALL KNEES WILL BOW TO GOD OR JESUS
[Isaiah 45:23] “I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
[Philippians 2:9] that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.
12. GOD OR JESUS WILL JUDGE ON THE LAST DAY
[Jeremiah 25:31] His cry of judgment will reach the ends of the earth, for the LORD will bring his case against all the nations. He will judge all the people of the earth, slaughtering the wicked with the sword. I, the LORD, have spoken!'”
[Matthew 13:41-42] “The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth”
In Tanakh, God had been telling about His coming to Earth from thousands to hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus. His main purpose is to redeem the mankind. The following are some of the verses about His coming, let us interpret each.
1. [Malachi 3:1] “Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming,” says the LORD of hosts.
COMMENT: this verse says that God will send a messenger prior to His coming, this person is fulfilled by John (the Baptist) who prepared the Lord’s way by baptizing the people with water [John 1:33-34]. After that, the Lord would come to His Temple, and at the same time, He would bring the covenant that people delight. Jesus introduced this new covenant to his disciples [Luke 22:20 & Matthew 26:28].
2. [Micah 5:2] As for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, seemingly insignificant among the clans of Judah, from you a king will emerge who will rule over Israel on my behalf, one whose origin is from eternity.
COMMENT: this verse says that God will raise a king or ruler on His behalf, and the existence of this ruler is from eternity. There is no one whose existence is from eternity but God alone, so this ruler is God Himself. Jesus confirmed that He was the King expected by the Jews [John 18:37 & Matthew 27:11].
3. [Isaiah 7:14] “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a Son, and will call him Emmanuel”
COMMENT: ‘Emmanuel’ is a Hebrew word which means “God with us”. It means that the Son to be born through a virgin is God himself. This virgin is fulfilled by Mary who gave birth to Jesus. The Koran also states that Jesus is a spirit of Allah and son of Mary [Koran 66:12, 21:91, & 4:171]. But Muslims just disregarded these verses.
4. [Isaiah 9:6] ”For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace”.
COMMENT: this verse clearly says that a Son will be born, and to be called Mighty God and eternal Father. Therefore, the Son and the Father God are one. Jesus said He and the Father are one [John 10:30].
5. [Isaiah 40:3] A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
COMMENT: this verse urges the people to prepare the way for the coming of God. This predicted voice is fulfilled by the voice of John the Baptist [John 1:23 & Luke 1:76]. John the Baptist was sent first to cleanse or baptize the people with water in preparation of the coming of God (Jesus) [John 1:33-34].
6. [Isaiah 48:16] “Come near to Me, listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, From the time it took place, there I am. And now the Lord GOD has sent Me, and His Spirit.”
COMMENT: the speaker states that he exists even from the Creation period, so He is God. And this time He is sent by the Lord and His Spirit. God is acting the sender and the messenger. Jesus said He came down from Heaven and sent by the Father [John 6:38]. And also the Father declared that Jesus is His Son [Psalm 2:7 & Matthew 3:17].
7. [Isaiah 59:20″] The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the LORD.
COMMENT: this verse says that the Redeemer will come to Israel, Zion is the hill of Jerusalem on which the city of David was built. There is no other Redeemer of mankind except God [Isaiah 43:11], so He is the one to come to Israel.
8. [Isaiah 62:11] The LORD has sent this message to every land: “Tell the people of Israel, ‘Look, your Savior is coming. See, he brings his reward with him as he comes.'”
COMMENT: in this verse, God the savior announces His coming, He will bring His rewards which is salvation to those who believe it.
9. [Jeremiah 23:5-6] “Behold, the days are coming,” declares the LORD, “When I will raise up for David a righteous Branch; And He will reign as king and act wisely, And do justice and righteousness in the land. In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell securely; And this is His name by which He will be called, ‘The LORD our righteousness.
COMMENT: this verse tells us that God will raise up a righteous branch or descendant of king David, he will reign as king, and his name will be “the LORD our righteousness”. So the king to come is God Himself. Jesus confirmed that He’s a king in [John 18:37]
10. [Job 19:25] “I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the last hour he will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes”.
COMMENT: the book of Job is believed to be the oldest Scripture. The main character Job expects the coming of his Redeemer. He believes he will resurrect and see God physically on the Last Day. Jesus will be the one to raise the dead and be the one to judge on the Last Day [John 6:40 & Matthew 13:41-42], so Jesus is the God expected by Job.
The books in Tanakh (Hebrew Bible/Old Testament) was written hundreds and thousands of years before the Birth of Jesus Christ, but amazingly, the son was already mentioned or prophesied in Tanakh. Jesus said, He exists even before the foundation of the world [John 17:5 & John 17:24]. These prove that (Catholic) Christians have root on worshiping Jesus as God. Below are verses mentioning about the Son of God/Man that prove the existence of Jesus hundreds and thousands of years before His birth.
1. [Proverbs 30:4] Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of His Son? Surely you know!
2. [Psalm 2:11-12] Worship the LORD with reverence and rejoice with trembling. Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him!
COMMENT: This verse says that the Son knows how to be angry and has the power to perish us, But those who will take refuge of Him will be blessed. Jesus Christ is our blessed hope, our great God and Savior [Titus 2:13].
3. [Psalm 80:15] Even the shoot which Your right hand has planted, And on the Son whom You have strengthened for Yourself.
4. [Psalm 2:7] The king proclaims the LORD’s decree: “The LORD said to me, ‘You are My Son. Today I have become your Father.
5. [2 Samuel 7:12-14] And when your days are fulfilled and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom. He will build a house for My Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his Father, and he will be My son.
COMMENT: In this verse God tells king David that after he died, He will establish a forever kingdom of his descendant. He will be a father to this descendant, and he will be a Son to Him. Jesus is a descendant of David and claimed that God is His Father [John 6:40]. God acknowledged and declared Jesus as His Son [Mark 9:7 & Matthew 17:5].
6. [1 Kings 15:4] Nevertheless, for David’s sake the LORD his God gave him a lamp in Jerusalem by raising up a Son to succeed him and by making Jerusalem strong.
7. [1 Chronicles 17:13-14] I will be his father, and he will be My son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor. I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever.”
8. [Isaiah 7:14] Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a Son, and she will call Him ‘Immanuel’ (God with us).
9. [Isaiah 9:6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
10. [Daniel 3:25] He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
11. [Daniel 7:13] “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.
12. [Hosea 11:1] When Israel was a child, I loved him, and I called My Son out of Egypt.
1. [Matthew 3:17] And a voice from heaven said, “This is My Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased
2. [Matthew 8:20] Jesus replied, “Foxes have dens and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay His head.”
3. [Matthew 14:32-33] And when they had climbed back into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God!”
4. [Matthew 16-17] Jesus said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
5. [Matthew 17:5] While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is My Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!
6. [Luke 9:26] If anyone is ashamed of me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in his glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels.
7. [Luke 22:70] So they all said, “Are you the Son of God, then?” Jesus answered them, “You say that I am.”
8. [Luke 17:22-24] And He said to the disciples, “The days will come when you will long to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. “They will say to you, ‘Look there! Look here!’ Do not go away, and do not run after them. “For just like the lightning, when it flashes out of one part of the sky, shines to the other part of the sky, so will the Son of Man be in His day
9. [Luke 21:27-28] At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to happen, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
10. [Luke 22:70] So they all said, “Are you the Son of God, then?” Jesus answered them, “You say that I am.”
11. [Mark 1:10-11] Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are My Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.
12. [Mark 2:27-28] Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath”.
13. [Mark 9:7] Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is My Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”
14. [Mark 14:21 & Matthew 26:24] For the Son of Man must die, as the Scriptures declared long ago. But how terrible it will be for the one who betrays him. It would be far better for that man if he had never been born!”
15. [John 1:33-34] John (the Baptist) testified saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. “I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit’. “I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.“
16. [John 3:13] No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
17. [John 3:14] Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
18. [John 3:17-18] For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
18. [John 3:36] Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
19. [John 5:25] Truly, truly, I tell you, the hour is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live.
20 [John 5:27] And He has given Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man.
21. [John 6:40] For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
20. [John 8:28] So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me.
21. [John 10:36] what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent to the world? why then you curse me of blasphemy because I said, “I am God’s Son? Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the father.
22. [John 12: 34] The crowd replied, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ will remain forever. So how can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?”
22. [1 John 5:20] And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an understanding
23. [Hebrews 1:5] For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are My Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?
Jesus encouraged the people to believe that He and the Father are one, meaning He claimed that He is our God, and His proofs are His miracles because no one could perform them except God. He says in [John 14:11]; “Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves”. The following is a list of His miracles;
1. JESUS TURNED THE WATER INTO WINE [John 2:1-11]
On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there; and both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.” And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.” Now there were six stone waterpots set there for the Jewish custom of purification, containing twenty or thirty gallons each. Jesus said to them, “Fill the waterpots with water.” So they filled them up to the brim. And He said to them, “Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter.” So they took it to him. When the headwaiter tasted the water which had become wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom, and said to him, “Every man serves the good wine first, and when the people have drunk freely, then he serves the poorer wine; but you have kept the good wine until now.” This beginning of His signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory, and His disciples believed in Him.
2. A DYING SON OF A NOBLE MAN WAS HEALED BY JESUS [John 4:46-54]
Therefore He came again to Cana of Galilee where He had made the water wine. And there was a royal official whose son was sick at Capernaum. When he heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee, he went to Him and was imploring Him to come down and heal his son; for he was at the point of death. So Jesus said to him, “Unless you people see signs and wonders, you simply will not believe.” The royal official said to Him, “Sir, come down before my child dies.” Jesus said to him, “Go; your son lives.” The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and started off. As he was now going down, his slaves met him, saying that his son was living. So he inquired of them the hour when he began to get better. Then they said to him, “Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him.” So the father knew that it was at that hour in which Jesus said to him, “Your son lives”; and he himself believed and his whole household. This is again a second sign that Jesus performed when He had come out of Judea into Galilee.
3. JESUS HEALED DISABLED PEOPLE
Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes. In these lay a multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered, [waiting for the moving of the waters; for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.] A man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, “Do you wish to get well?” The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.” Jesus said to him, “Get up, pick up your pallet and walk.” Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk.
[Matthew 9:1-8, Mark 2:1-12, & Luke 5:17-26]
After these things there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
When He had come back to Capernaum several days afterward, it was heard that He was at home. And many were gathered together, so that there was no longer room, not even near the door; and He was speaking the word to them. And they came, bringing to Him a paralytic, carried by four men. Being unable to get to Him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above Him; and when they had dug an opening, they let down the pallet on which the paralytic was lying. And Jesus seeing their faith said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” But some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, “Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming; who can forgive sins but God alone?” Immediately Jesus, aware in His spirit that they were reasoning that way within themselves, said to them, “Why are you reasoning about these things in your hearts? “Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven’; or to say, ‘Get up, and pick up your pallet and walk’? “But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, “I say to you, get up, pick up your pallet and go home.” And he got up and immediately picked up the pallet and went out in the sight of everyone, so that they were all amazed and were glorifying God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this.”
[Luke 6:6-11, Matthew 12:9-14, & Mark 3:1-6]
On another Sabbath He entered the synagogue and was teaching; and there was a man there whose right hand was withered. The scribes and the Pharisees were watching Him closely to see if He healed on the Sabbath, so that they might find reason to accuse Him. But He knew what they were thinking, and He said to the man with the withered hand, “Get up and come forward!” And he got up and came forward. And Jesus said to them, “I ask you, is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to destroy it?” After looking around at them all, He said to him, “Stretch out your hand!” And he did so; and his hand was restored. But they themselves were filled with rage, and discussed together what they might do to Jesus.
4. JESUS HEALED BORN BLIND PEOPLE
As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him. “We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work. “While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world.” When He had said this, He spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and applied the clay to his eyes, and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went away and washed, and came back seeing. Therefore the neighbors, and those who previously saw him as a beggar, were saying, “Is not this the one who used to sit and beg?” Others were saying, “This is he,” still others were saying, “No, but he is like him.” He kept saying, “I am the one.” So they were saying to him, “How then were your eyes opened?” He answered, “The man who is called Jesus made clay, and anointed my eyes, and said to me, ‘Go to Siloam and wash’; so I went away and washed, and I received sight.” They said to him, “Where is He?” He said, “I do not know.”
And they came to Bethsaida. And they brought a blind man to Jesus and implored Him to touch him. Taking the blind man by the hand, He brought him out of the village; and after spitting on his eyes and laying His hands on him, He asked him, “Do you see anything?” And he looked up and said, “I see men, for I see them like trees, walking around.” Then again He laid His hands on his eyes; and he looked intently and was restored, and began to see everything clearly. And He sent him to his home, saying, “Do not even enter the village.”
5. JESUS HEALED A DEAF AND MUTE MAN [Mark 7:31-37]
Again He went out from the region of Tyre, and came through Sidon to the Sea of Galilee, within the region of Decapolis. They brought to Him one who was deaf and spoke with difficulty, and they implored Him to lay His hand on him. Jesus took him aside from the crowd, by himself, and put His fingers into his ears, and after spitting, He touched his tongue with the saliva; and looking up to heaven with a deep sigh, He said to him, “Ephphatha!” that is, “Be opened!” And his ears were opened, and the impediment of his tongue was removed, and he began speaking plainly. And He gave them orders not to tell anyone; but the more He ordered them, the more widely they continued to proclaim it. They were utterly astonished, saying, “He has done all things well; He makes even the deaf to hear and the mute to speak.”
6. JESUS RAISED DEAD PEOPLE
Now Jesus had not yet come into the village, but was still in the place where Martha met Him. Then the Jews who were with her in the house, and consoling her, when they saw that Mary got up quickly and went out, they followed her, supposing that she was going to the tomb to weep there. Therefore, when Mary came where Jesus was, she saw Him, and fell at His feet, saying to Him, “Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.” When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her also weeping, He was deeply moved in spirit and was troubled, and said, “Where have you laid him?” They said to Him, “Lord, come and see.” Jesus wept. So the Jews were saying, “See how He loved him!” But some of them said, “Could not this man, who opened the eyes of the blind man, have kept this man also from dying?”
So Jesus, again being deeply moved within, came to the tomb. Now it was a cave, and a stone was lying against it. Jesus said, “Remove the stone.” Martha, the sister of the deceased, said to Him, “Lord, by this time there will be a stench, for he has been dead four days.” Jesus said to her, “Did I not say to you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. “I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me.” When He had said these things, He cried out with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth.” The man who had died came forth, bound hand and foot with wrappings, and his face was wrapped around with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.”
Soon afterwards He went to a city called Nain; and His disciples were going along with Him, accompanied by a large crowd. Now as He approached the gate of the city, a dead man was being carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow; and a sizeable crowd from the city was with her. When the Lord saw her, He felt compassion for her, and said to her, “Do not weep.” And He came up and touched the coffin; and the bearers came to a halt. And He said, “Young man, I say to you, arise!” The dead man sat up and began to speak. And Jesus gave him back to his mother. Fear gripped them all, and they began glorifying God, saying, “A great prophet has arisen among us!” and, “God has visited His people” This report concerning Him went out all over Judea and in all the surrounding district.
7. JESUS PASSED UNSEEN THROUGH A CROWD ATTEMPTING TO MURDER HIM [Luke 4:28-30]
And all the people in the synagogue were filled with rage as they heard these things; and they got up and drove Him out of the city, and led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city had been built, in order to throw Him down the cliff. But passing through their midst, He went His way.
8. JESUS CAUSED HIS DISCIPLES TO CATCH A GREAT QUANTITY OF FISH
When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, “Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch.” Simon answered and said, “Master, we worked hard all night and caught nothing, but I will do as You say and let down the nets.” When they had done this, they enclosed a great quantity of fish, and their nets began to break; so they signaled to their partners in the other boat for them to come and help them. And they came and filled both of the boats, so that they began to sink. But when Simon Peter saw that, he fell down at Jesus’ feet, saying, “Go away from me Lord, for I am a sinful man!” For amazement had seized him and all his companions because of the catch of fish which they had taken; and so also were James and John, sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, “Do not fear, from now on you will be catching men.” When they had brought their boats to land, they left everything and followed Him.
But when the day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. So Jesus said to them, “Children, you do not have any fish, do you?” They answered Him, “No.” And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right-hand side of the boat and you will find a catch.” So they cast, and then they were not able to haul it in because of the great number of fish. Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord.” So when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put his outer garment on (for he was stripped for work), and threw himself into the sea. But the other disciples came in the little boat, for they were not far from the land, but about one hundred yards away, dragging the net full of fish.
So when they got out on the land, they saw a charcoal fire already laid and fish placed on it, and bread. Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have now caught.” Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not torn.
9. VARIOUS DISEASES WERE HEALED AND DEMONS WERE DRIVEN OUT BY JESUS [Luke 4:38-41, Matt 8:14, & Mark 1:30]
Then He got up and left the synagogue, and entered Simon’s home. Now Simon’s mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever, and they asked Him to help her. And standing over her, He rebuked the fever, and it left her; and she immediately got up and waited on them.
While the sun was setting, all those who had any who were sick with various diseases brought them to Him; and laying His hands on each one of them, He was healing them. Demons also were coming out of many, shouting, “You are the Son of God!” But rebuking them, He would not allow them to speak, because they knew Him to be the Christ.
10. JESUS HEALED A CENTURION’S DYING SERVANT [Luke 7:1-10 & Matthew 8:5]
When He had completed all His discourse in the hearing of the people, He went to Capernaum.
And a centurion’s slave, who was highly regarded by him, was sick and about to die. When he heard about Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders asking Him to come and save the life of his servant. When they came to Jesus, they earnestly implored Him, saying, “He is worthy for You to grant this to him; for he loves our nation and it was he who built us our synagogue.” Now Jesus started on His way with them; and when He was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends, saying to Him, “Lord, do not trouble Yourself further, for I am not worthy for You to come under my roof; for this reason I did not even consider myself worthy to come to You, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. “For I also am a man placed under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, ‘Go!’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come!’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.” Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled at him, and turned and said to the crowd that was following Him, “I say to you, not even in Israel have I found such great faith.” When those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave in good health.
11. JESUS HEALED A MAN WITH DROPSY ON THE SABBATH [Luke 14:1-6]
It happened that when He went into the house of one of the leaders of the Pharisees on the Sabbath to eat bread, they were watching Him closely. And there in front of Him was a man suffering from dropsy. And Jesus answered and spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath, or not?” But they kept silent. And He took hold of him and healed him, and sent him away. And He said to them, “Which one of you will have a son or an ox fall into a well, and will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?” And they could make no reply to this.
12. LEPERS WERE HEALED BY JESUS
While He was on the way to Jerusalem, He was passing between Samaria and Galilee. As He entered a village, ten leprous men who stood at a distance met Him; and they raised their voices, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!” When He saw them, He said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the priests.” And as they were going, they were cleansed. Now one of them, when he saw that he had been healed, turned back, glorifying God with a loud voice, and he fell on his face at His feet, giving thanks to Him. And he was a Samaritan. Then Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But the nine—where are they? “Was no one found who returned to give glory to God, except this foreigner?” And He said to him, “Stand up and go; your faith has made you well.”
[Mark 1:40-45, Matthew 8:1-4, & Luke 5:12-16]
And a leper came to Jesus, beseeching Him and falling on his knees before Him, and saying, “If You are willing, You can make me clean.” Moved with compassion, Jesus stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, “I am willing; be cleansed.” Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cleansed. And He sternly warned him and immediately sent him away, and He said to him, “See that you say nothing to anyone; but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, as a testimony to them.” But he went out and began to proclaim it freely and to spread the news around, to such an extent that Jesus could no longer publicly enter a city, but stayed out in unpopulated areas; and they were coming to Him from everywhere.
13. JESUS RESTORED THE CUT EAR OF A HIGH PRIEST’ SERVANT [Luke 22:47-53]
While He was still speaking, behold, a crowd came, and the one called Judas, one of the twelve, was preceding them; and he approached Jesus to kiss Him. But Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?” When those who were around Him saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?” And one of them struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his right ear. But Jesus answered and said, “Stop! No more of this.” And He touched his ear and healed him. Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders who had come against Him, “Have you come out with swords and clubs as you would against a robber? “While I was with you daily in the temple, you did not lay hands on Me; but this hour and the power of darkness are yours.”
14. JESUS FED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WITH FEW LOAVES OF BREAD AND FEW SMALL FISH
[Matthew 15:32-38 & Mark 8:1-10]
And Jesus called His disciples to Him, and said, “I feel compassion for the people, because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat; and I do not want to send them away hungry, for they might faint on the way.” The disciples said to Him, “Where would we get so many loaves in this desolate place to satisfy such a large crowd?” And Jesus said to them, “How many loaves do you have?” And they said, “Seven, and a few small fish.” And He directed the people to sit down on the ground; and He took the seven loaves and the fish; and giving thanks, He broke them and started giving them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. And they all ate and were satisfied, and they picked up what was left over of the broken pieces, seven large baskets full. And those who ate were four thousand men, besides women and children.
[Matthew 14:13-21, Mark 6:30-44, Luke 9:10-17 & John 6:1-15]
As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.” Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat”. “We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered. “Bring them here to me,” he said. And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.
15. JESUS CAUSED THE FIG TREE TO WITHER [Matthew 21:18-22 & Mark 11:12-14]
Now in the morning, when He was returning to the city, He became hungry. Seeing a lone fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it except leaves only; and He said to it, “No longer shall there ever be any fruit from you.” And at once the fig tree withered.
Seeing this, the disciples were amazed and asked, “How did the fig tree wither all at once?” And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
16. JESUS CAST OUT DEMONS
[Matthew 12:22-29; Luke 11:14-21]
Then a demon-possessed man who was blind and mute was brought to Jesus, and He healed him, so that the mute man spoke and saw. All the crowds were amazed, and were saying, “This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?” But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, “This man casts out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons.”
And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand. “If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then will his kingdom stand? “If I by Beelzebul cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? For this reason they will be your judges. “But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. “Or how can anyone enter the strong man’s house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house.
[Mark 1:21-27 & Luke 4:31-36]
They went into Capernaum; and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and began to teach. They were amazed at His teaching; for He was teaching them as one having authority, and not as the scribes. Just then there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, saying, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus of Nazareth? Have You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!” And Jesus rebuked him, saying, “Be quiet, and come out of him!” Throwing him into convulsions, the unclean spirit cried out with a loud voice and came out of him. They were all amazed, so that they debated among themselves, saying, “What is this? A new teaching with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey Him.” Immediately the news about Him spread everywhere into all the surrounding district of Galilee.
[Matthew 15:21-28 & Mark 7:24-30]
Jesus went away from there, and withdrew into the district of Tyre and Sidon. And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed.” But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, “Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us.” But He answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, “Lord, help me!” And He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.” But she said, “Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.” Then Jesus said to her, “O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed at once.
[Luke 9:37-43, Matthew 17:14-21, & Mark 9:14-29]
On the next day, when they came down from the mountain, a large crowd met Him. And a man from the crowd shouted, saying, “Teacher, I beg You to look at my son, for he is my only boy, and a spirit seizes him, and he suddenly screams, and it throws him into a convulsion with foaming at the mouth; and only with difficulty does it leave him, mauling him as it leaves. “I begged Your disciples to cast it out, and they could not.” And Jesus answered and said, “You unbelieving and perverted generation, how long shall I be with you and put up with you? Bring your son here.” While he was still approaching, the demon slammed him to the ground and threw him into a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the boy and gave him back to his father. And they were all amazed at the greatness of God.
17. JESUS CAST OUT LEGION OF DEMONS [Matthew 8:28-34 & Mark 5:1-20]
When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. And they cried out, saying, “What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?” Now there was a herd of many swine feeding at a distance from them. The demons began to entreat Him, saying, “If You are going to cast us out, send us into the herd of swine.” And He said to them, “Go!” And they came out and went into the swine, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and perished in the waters. The herdsmen ran away, and went to the city and reported everything, including what had happened to the demoniacs. And behold, the whole city came out to meet Jesus; and when they saw Him, they implored Him to leave their region.
18. JESUS HEALED A WOMAN WITH INFIRMITY CAUSED BY SATAN [Luke 13:11-17]
And there was a woman who for eighteen years had had a sickness caused by a spirit; and she was bent double, and could not straighten up at all. When Jesus saw her, He called her over and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your sickness.” And He laid His hands on her; and immediately she was made erect again and began glorifying God. But the synagogue official, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, began saying to the crowd in response, “There are six days in which work should be done; so come during them and get healed, and not on the Sabbath day.” But the Lord answered him and said, “You hypocrites, does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or his donkey from the stall and lead him away to water him? “And this woman, a daughter of Abraham as she is, whom Satan has bound for eighteen long years, should she not have been released from this bond on the Sabbath day?” As He said this, all His opponents were being humiliated; and the entire crowd was rejoicing over all the glorious things being done by Him.
19. JESUS STOPPED A STORM AND SURGING WAVES [Matthew 8:23-27, Mark 4:35-41, & Luke 8:22-25]
On that day, when evening came, He said to them, “Let us go over to the other side.” Leaving the crowd, they took Him along with them in the boat, just as He was; and other boats were with Him. And there arose a fierce gale of wind, and the waves were breaking over the boat so much that the boat was already filling up. Jesus Himself was in the stern, asleep on the cushion; and they woke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?” And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Hush, be still.” And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm. And He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” They became very much afraid and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?”
20. JESUS HEALED A BLEEDING WOMAN AND RESURRECTED JAIRUS’ DAUGHTER [Mark 5:21-43, Luke 8:40-56, & Matthew 9:18-26]
When Jesus had crossed over again in the boat to the other side, a large crowd gathered around Him; and so He stayed by the seashore. One of the synagogue officials named Jairus came up, and on seeing Him, fell at His feet and implored Him earnestly, saying, “My little daughter is at the point of death; please come and lay Your hands on her, so that she will get well and live.” And He went off with him; and a large crowd was following Him and pressing in on Him.
A woman who had had a hemorrhage for twelve years, and had endured much at the hands of many physicians, and had spent all that she had and was not helped at all, but rather had grown worse—after hearing about Jesus, she came up in the crowd behind Him and touched His cloak. For she thought, “If I just touch His garments, I will get well.” Immediately the flow of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of her affliction. Immediately Jesus, perceiving in Himself that the power proceeding from Him had gone forth, turned around in the crowd and said, “Who touched My garments?” And His disciples said to Him, “You see the crowd pressing in on You, and You say, ‘Who touched Me?’” And He looked around to see the woman who had done this. But the woman fearing and trembling, aware of what had happened to her, came and fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth. And He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace and be healed of your affliction.”
While He was still speaking, they came from the house of the synagogue official, saying, “Your daughter has died; why trouble the Teacher anymore?” But Jesus, overhearing what was being spoken, said to the synagogue official, “Do not be afraid any longer, only believe.” And He allowed no one to accompany Him, except Peter and James and John the brother of James. They came to the house of the synagogue official; and He saw a commotion, and people loudly weeping and wailing. And entering in, He said to them, “Why make a commotion and weep? The child has not died, but is asleep.” They began laughing at Him. But putting them all out, He took along the child’s father and mother and His own companions, and entered the room where the child was. Taking the child by the hand, He said to her, “Talitha kum!” (which translated means, “Little girl, I say to you, get up!”). Immediately the girl got up and began to walk, for she was twelve years old. And immediately they were completely astounded. And He gave them strict orders that no one should know about this, and He said that something should be given her to eat.
21. JESUS WALKED ON THE SEA [John 6:16-21, Matthew 14:22-27, & Mark 6:46-52]
Now when evening came, His disciples went down to the sea, and after getting into a boat, they started to cross the sea to Capernaum. It had already become dark, and Jesus had not yet come to them. The sea began to be stirred up because a strong wind was blowing. Then, when they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and drawing near to the boat; and they were frightened. But He said to them, “It is I; do not be afraid.” So they were willing to receive Him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land to which they were going.
22. JESUS TRANSFIGURED [Matthew 17:1-8 & Mark 9:2-8]
Six days later Jesus took with Him Peter and James and John his brother, and led them up on a high mountain by themselves. And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three tabernacles here, one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground and were terrified. And Jesus came to them and touched them and said, “Get up, and do not be afraid.” And lifting up their eyes, they saw no one except Jesus Himself alone.
23. JESUS CHRIST RESURRECTED [John 20:11-18 & Luke 24:6-7]
But Mary was standing outside the tomb weeping; and so, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb; and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying. And they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.” When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, and did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, “Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away.” Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, “Rabboni!” (which means, Teacher). Jesus said to her, “Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.’” Mary Magdalene came, announcing to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and that He had said these things to her.
24. JESUS ASCENDED TO HEAVEN [Luke 24:50-52]
When He had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up His hands and blessed them, while He was blessing them, He left them and was taken up into Heaven, then they worshipped Him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.
25. PETER HEALED A LAME IN JESUS NAME [Acts 3:2-8]
And a man lame from birth was being carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple that is called the Beautiful Gate to ask alms of those entering the temple … But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”. And he took him by the right hand and raised him up, and immediately his feet and ankles were made strong. And leaping up he stood and began to walk, and entered the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.
26. PETER RAISED DORCAS OF JOPPA [Acts 9:36-41]
In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which is translated as Dorcas),c who was always occupied with works of kindness and charity. At that time, however, she became sick and died, and her body was washed and placed in an upper room. Since Lydda was near Joppa, the disciples heard that Peter was there and sent two men to urge him, “Come to us without delay.” So Peter got up and went with them. On his arrival, they took him to the upper room. All the widows stood around him, weeping and showing him the tunics and other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them. Then Peter sent them all out of the room. He knelt down and prayed, and turning toward her body, he said, “Tabitha, get up!” She opened her eyes, and seeing Peter, she sat up. Peter took her by the hand and helped her up. Then he called the saints and widows and presented her to them alive.
27. THE APOSTLES PERFORMED MANY MIRACLES BY FAITH IN JESUS [Acts 5:12-16]
The people saw the apostles perform many miracles and do amazing things. The believers had a common faith in Jesus as they met on Solomon’s Porch. None of the other people dared to join them, although everyone spoke highly of them. More men and women than ever began to believe in the Lord. As a result, people carried their sick into the streets. They placed them on stretchers and cots so that at least Peter’s shadow might fall on some sick people as he went by. Crowds from the cities around Jerusalem would gather. They would bring their sick and those who were troubled by evil spirits, and each person was cured.
28. PAUL DROVE OFF AN EVIL SPIRIT FROM A WOMAN IN THE NAME OF JESUS [Acts 16:16-18]
One day when we were going to the place of prayer, a female servant met us. She was possessed by an evil spirit that told fortunes. She made a lot of money for her owners by telling fortunes. She used to follow Paul and shout, “These men are servants of the Most High God. They’re telling you how you can be saved.” She kept doing this for many days. Paul became annoyed, turned to the evil spirit, and said, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her!” As Paul said this, the evil spirit left her.
29. PAUL HEALED A LAME MAN [Acts 14:8-11]
A man who was born lame was in Lystra. He was always sitting because he had never been able to walk. He listened to what Paul was saying. Paul observed him closely and saw that the man believed he could be made well. So Paul said in a loud voice, “Stand up.” The man jumped up and began to walk. The crowds who saw what Paul had done shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come to us, and they look human.”
30. PAUL HEALED PUBLIUS’ FATHER AND OTHER SICK PEOPLE [Acts 28:7-9]
A man named Publius, who was the governor of the island, had property around the area. He welcomed us and treated us kindly, and for three days we were his guests. His father happened to be sick in bed. He was suffering from fever and dysentery. Paul went to him, prayed, placed his hands on him, and made him well. After that had happened, other sick people on the island went to Paul and were made well.
31. PAUL CAUSED AN ANNOYING PERSON TO BECOME BLIND [Acts 13:8-12]
Elymas, whose name means [astrologer], opposed them and tried to distort the meaning of the faith so that the governor wouldn’t believe. But Saul, also known as Paul, was filled with the Holy Spirit. He stared at Elymas and said, “You are full of dirty tricks and schemes, you son of the devil! You hate everything that has God’s approval. Quit trying to distort the truth about the way the Lord wants people to live. The Lord is against you now. For a while you will be blind, unable to see the light of day.” Suddenly, Elymas couldn’t see a thing. He tried to find people to lead him. When the governor saw what had happened, he believed.
32. PAUL RESURRECTED A YOUNG MAN [Acts 20:9-12]
A young man named Eutychus was sitting in a window. As Paul was talking on and on, Eutychus was gradually falling asleep. Finally, overcome by sleep, he fell from the third story and was dead when they picked him up. Paul went to him, took him into his arms, and said, “Don’t worry! He’s alive!” Then Eutychus went upstairs again, broke the bread, and ate. Paul talked with the people for a long time, until sunrise, and then left. The people took the boy home. They were greatly relieved that he was alive.
The following verses prove that God really intends salvation for all people who believe it;
- [Exodus 15:2] “The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father’s God, and I will extol Him.
- [Job 13:16] “This also will be my salvation, For a godless man may not come before His presence.
- [Isaiah 12:2-3] Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song; He also has become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall you draw water out of the wells of salvation.
- [Isaiah 25:9] And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
- [Isaiah 45:17] Israel has been saved by the LORD With an everlasting salvation; You will not be put to shame or humiliated to all eternity.
- [Isaiah 46:13] I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel
- [Isaiah 49:8] Thus says the LORD, “In a favorable time I have answered You, And in a day of salvation I have helped You; And I will keep You and give You for a covenant of the people, To restore the land, to make them inherit the desolate heritages;
- [Isaiah 51:5] My mercy and justice are coming soon. My salvation is on the way. My strong arm will bring justice to the nations. All distant lands will look to me and wait in hope for my powerful arm.
- [Isaiah 51:6] “Lift up your eyes to the sky, Then look to the earth beneath; For the sky will vanish like smoke, And the earth will wear out like a garment And its inhabitants will die in like manner; But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not wane.
- [Isaiah 56:1] Thus says the LORD, “Preserve justice and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come And My righteousness to be revealed.
- [Isaiah 59:16] And He saw that there was no man, And was astonished that there was no one to intercede; Then His own arm brought salvation to Him, And His righteousness upheld Him.
- [Isaiah 63:5] “I looked, and there was no one to help, And I was astonished and there was no one to uphold; So My own arm brought salvation to Me, And My wrath upheld Me.
- [Psalm 28:8] The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one (Messiah).
- [Psalm 62:1] Truly my soul finds rest in God;
my salvation comes from him.
- [Psalm 67:1-2] God be merciful to us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us, that Your way may be known on earth, Your salvation (Yeshua) among all nations”
- [Psalms 68:18-19] You have ascended on high, you have led captivity captive: you have received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them. Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.
- [Psalm 85:9] Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, That glory may dwell in our land.
- [Psalm 111:9] He has sent redemption to His people; He has ordained His covenant forever; holy and awesome is His name.
- [Psalm 118:14] The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
- [Psalms 149: 4] For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation.
- [Jeremiah 3:23] Truly in vain is salvation hoped for from the hills, and from the multitude of mountains: truly in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel
- [Habakkuk 3:13] You went forth for the salvation of Your people, For the salvation of Your anointed. You struck the head of the house of the evil To lay him open from thigh to neck.
- [John 4:21-22] Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. “You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews
- [Mark 16:16] Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
- [Luke 2:29-30] “Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace, According to Your word; For my eyes have seen Your salvation (Jesus).
- [Luke 19:10] For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.
- [Luke 18:26-27] Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?” Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.”
- [Luke 21:28] And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws near.
- [Acts 2:21] And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
- [Acts 4:12] Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
- [Acts 13:47] For this is what the Lord has commanded us: “I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.”
- [Acts 16:31] They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
- [2 Timothy 1:9] He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.
- [Titus 2:11-12] For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.
- [Hebrews 9:28] So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
- [1 Peter 1:8-9] Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
- [2 Peter3:9] The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
- [1 Corinthians 6:9-10] Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
- [2 Corinthians 6:2] For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
- [Romans 1:16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentiles.
- [Romans 10:10] For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- [Titus 2:11] For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men.
- [Hebrews 6:9] After he had finished his work, he became the source of eternal salvation for everyone who obeys him.
- [Ephesians 6:16-17] In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- [Revelation 19:1] And after these things I heard a great voice of many people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honor, and power, unto the Lord our God.
What is Trinity? Trinity is derived from the two words, tri– means three + unity means oneness; is a doctrine of the Catholic Church that teaches that God has three persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit) in one Godhead. The person referred in the Trinity does not mean individual man, but, it does mean the form or appearance of God when He introduced Himself to men. A lot of individuals or groups could not grasp what is the Holy Trinity as taught by Catholicism based on the Holy Scripture; some have perceived it, but they just purposely distorted the truth either for principle’s sake or for fear of losing adherents. It is difficult to understand the Trinity specially when you are lazy to read and study the Holy Bible. Islam accuses that Catholicism practices polytheism which is contrary to what is written in the Holy Scripture that God is one; [Isaiah 45:18]. Though the mystery of Divine Trinity is hard to fathom specially for the ordinary-minded individuals, It is undeniable that this mystery is revealed in the Holy Scriptures many times. The Holy Scripture teaches us that God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are interrelated to each other. The Father is God [Psalm 68:5, Isaiah 64:8, & 1 Corinthians 8:6], the Son is God [Psalm 2:11-12, John 1:1-18, & Hebrews 1:8-9], and the Holy Spirit is also God [Acts 5:3-4 & Hebrews 3:7-11], but, they are one in nature [Deuteronomy 6:4]. This triune God stirs different interpretations among groups or individuals, and became one of the causes of Christian apostasies. Some Christian denominations believe that the Son and the Father are separate in nature _resulting to two Gods. This belief contradicted God’s claim that He is one. It appears that their religious founders were not sharp enough to comprehend the contents of the Holy Scripture, or they did perceive but just deliberately twisted the truth for personal gain.
TRINITY REVELATION IN THE BIBLE:
There are many verses in the Bible that emphasize the three persons of God. The following are some of the verses that revealed Trinity, let us read and interpret each;
1. [Isaiah 9:6] For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
COMMENT: Isaiah 7:14 is another verse of the book of Isaiah that also predicts the birth of a Son; it says, Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Emmanuel. ‘Emmanuel’ is a Hebrew word which means “God with us”. These predictions were fulfilled in Jesus about 700 years later; the angel said to Mary, “Do not be afraid Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus” [Luke 1:30-34]. ‘Jesus’ is a transliteration derived from the word ‘Iesus’, a Greek transliteration for Hebrew word ‘Yeshua’ which means “God saves”. Isaiah 9:6 describes the Son (Jesus) as the Counselor, Mighty God, and the Everlasting Father. In John 15:26, Jesus says that this Counselor is also the Spirit of Truth; He says, “When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, He will testify about me”. Isaiah 9:6 is a resounding evidence that God the Father, the Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit are one being; this verse declares the Trinity.
2. [Isaiah 48:16] “I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there I am; and now the Sovereign Lord has sent Me with his Spirit“.
COMMENT: The speaker of this verse claimed that He already existed from the beginning, so it means, He is God. And then He proceeded, “. . . and now the Lord has sent Me with His Spirit”; so the speaker God is sent by Sovereign Lord with His Spirit. Notice that there are three persons mentioned in this verse: the speaker God who is sent, the Sovereign Lord who is the sender, and the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord. The sender Lord is the source or Father of the Spirit, and the messenger God is the emanated Spirit who came to Earth and became Jesus, the Son of God [Luke 1:35]. The speaker God could easily just say, “the Sovereign Lord has sent me”, but He mentioned about “Spirit“; so God emphasizes the interrelation among the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. Isaiah 48:16 portrays Trinity.
3. [John 14:6] Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me“.
COMMENT: “Way” signifies Salvation. Since mankind was cut-off from God’s grace because of transgression, and since God so loved mankind, He provided a bridge for us to cross to His Holy abode; this bridge or way is Jesus, that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life: “Truth” signifies the Spirit of Truth who will attest Jesus’ testimony. He will prove to mankind that what Jesus promised and warned are true: “Life” signifies the Father God who is the fountain of life [Psalm 36:9]. The Lord Jesus demonstrates the Trinity.
4. [John 15:26] Jesus says, “But when the Counselor comes whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of Truth who goes out from the Father, He will testify about me”.
COMMENT: Notice that in this verse, Jesus is the one who will send the Counselor, and this Counselor is the Spirit of Truth who goes out from the Father. Who is this Counselor or Spirit of Truth that Jesus will send from the Father? It is He who will testify about Jesus. But referring to [John 8:18], Jesus Himself will testify about Himself. For He says, “I am the one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me bear witness of me”, therefore the Spirit of Truth is Jesus Himself. The Father is the source of the Son (Jesus) and the Spirit of Truth, so they are one nature. In this verse, Jesus demonstrates the Trinity.
5. [John 14:15-17] If you love me, you will obey what I command. “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to help you and be with you forever, that is the Spirit of truth.
COMMENT: Jesus tells that He will ask the Father another Counselor to be with His people forever; why another Counselor? because Jesus himself is the Counselor whom sent by the Father and His Spirit, and dwelt among the people. After Him, will follow another Counselor who is the Spirit of Truth. But referring back to [John 8:18], we are told that this Spirit of Truth is also Jesus Himself who will return on the Last Day. And in [Isaiah 9:6], we know that the Counselor is also the Everlasting Father. Therefore, the Father, Counselor (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit (Spirit of Truth) are one being. Jesus demonstrates the Holy Trinity.
6. [Matthew 28:19] “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit”.
COMMENT: Prior to ascension of Jesus to Heaven, He commanded His disciples to baptize His followers using the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. This formula strongly signifies interrelation among the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Why it should be the three of them? because they symbolize the three phases of God’s appearance to men: the God (as Father) on the Creation period; the God (as the Son or Jesus) on the Salvation period; and the God (as Spirit of Truth) who will appear on the Resurrection period. Jesus emphasizes the importance of the Holy Trinity in baptism.
7. [1 John 5:7] For there are three that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these three are one.
COMMENT: The “Word” is also Jesus or the Son of God according to John 1:14, it says; “The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth”. ‘1 John 5:7′ clearly emphasizes the Trinity.
8. [1 John 5:6-8] This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood. It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the Water and the Blood; and the three are in agreement.
COMMENT: . . . For there are three that testify . . . Notice that the writer John specifies about three testifiers (‘testifier’ means person who testifies); they are the Spirit, the Water, and the Blood. The “Spirit” signifies the Spirit of Truth, who is the testifier of the truth about Jesus [John 15:26]: the “Water“signifies the fountain of living water, the source of life [Jeremiah 2:13 & Psalm 36:8-9], the Father God who is the testifier of Jesus [John 12:18]: and the “Blood” symbolizes the sacrificial Lamb who is Jesus, and testifier of the Father [John 5:36]. And these three persons of God are in agreement.
9. [2 Corinthians 13:14] The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
COMMENT: God is the source or Father of Jesus (Son) and the Holy Spirit. This verse clearly emphasizes the Holy Trinity.
10. [Revelation 1:8] “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God the almighty, “Who is, and Who was, and Who is to come“.
COMMENT: In this verse, the speaker Lord Jesus (Son of Man), declares that He is the Alpha (First) and the Omega (Last) equaling what God the Father’s claim in [Isaiah 41:4]. He is not pointing that His reign has First and Last for He is eternal being, but He is referring to the Beginning of Creation through the Last Day. “Who is“, describing Himself as the present God, the Son, who appeared to men in the form of Jesus on the ‘Salvation’ period; the center of the three stages of God’s appearance to men. “Who was“, describing Himself as the God in the Beginning, the ‘Creation’ period, the Father God; the first stage of God’s appearance to men. And “Who is to come“, describing Himself as the coming God on the ‘Resurrection’ period, this is the Spirit of Truth, who will return to the world to punish the sinners, and bring His devoted followers to Heaven; the last stage of God’s appearance to mankind on earth. Again, God emphasizes the significance of the Holy Trinity.
The truth is that there is only one God, He is naturally spirit [John 4:24], but He can fold Himself into many, in fact, He appeared to Abraham in three persons [Genesis 18:1-3]. He made the heavens and all living things, but He took favor on humans probably because He created them after His image [Genesis 1:26]. These humans are unique from His other living creations. They are intelligent and wise, the reason why they disobeyed His commandment and succumbed to Satan’s temptation, since they wanted to compete God’s lordship [Genesis 3:4-6]. Even until today, there are many skeptics who keep challenging God’s claim of the universe.
Why God came to the World through human birth?
When Adam and Eve transgressed God’s law and fell [Genesis 3:1], they became impure for they committed a sin _thus they’re condemned to eternal punishment which is death [Genesis 2:16-17]. Because of the first sin, man became mortal and doomed to perish. Mankind was cut-off from God’s grace [Isaiah 59:2]. Heaven is holy, impure creation has no place in there; God is holy He won’t live with impure creation [Leviticus 11:44 & Deuteronomy 23:14]. Man can’t enter into Heaven by himself because of his sin. God is so angry with the sins of the world, that’S why He determined to destroy the world [Ezekiel 22:31]. He searched for the one among the people who would stand as mediator between Him and mankind, but He found no one [Ezekiel 22:30], all people are sinners [Micah 7:2]. But because God so loved the world [John 3:16], and since He is the only one who can bring the pure from the impure [Job 14:4], He sent forth His Spirit to destroy the works of the devil through His death [Isaiah 48:16, 1 John 3:8, & Hebrews 2:14]. This emanated Spirit is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His nature [Hebrews 1:3]. God called the sender Spirit as the ‘Father’, while He called the messenger Spirit as the ‘Son’ [Isaiah 9:6]. The messenger Spirit descended to the world and became flesh through human birth _ thus He’s called “Immanuel, Jesus, and Son of God/Man” [Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:35, & Matthew 26:24]. Jesus’ mission was to save the world from condemnation by purifying it with His pure nature _ thus He’s called ‘Jesus or Savior’ [Titus 2:13 & Isaiah 62:11]. He’s the only sinless man on Earth, making Him eligible to stand as a mediator between God and mankind _ thus He’s called a ‘Mediator or Counselor’ [Isaiah 9:6]. He showed His great love for mankind by giving up His life for the sins of the world [1 John 2:2]. His deed was like a sacrificial lamb prepared by men to atone their transgressions against God _ thus He’s called ‘lamb of God’. By the saving blood of Jesus, man could regain his eternal life and became qualified to enter into Heaven. To follow Jesus’ teaching is the way or bridge of mankind to Heaven _ thus He is also called the ‘Way’ [John 14:6]. The savior (sent spirit) needed to be a pure man, since death entered the world through a man, therefore, the resurrection of the dead comes through a man [1 Corinthians 15:21]. And after the saving mission of Jesus on Earth, He ascended to Heaven and rejoined with the source Spirit, the Father God [Mark 16:19]. He promised to return on the Last Day to punish the ancient Serpent and his angels [Revelation 12:9], as well as, to punish the unrepentant human sinners [Revelation 20:15], and to bring His devoted followers into His Holy abode, the Heaven [John 14:1-3].
The Son of God meaning
Biologically, Jesus could not be called the son of God because He was not formed in the womb through sperm or sexual contact. In another sense, “father” could also mean “source or author”, for instance, “Satan is the father of lies”; likewise, “son” could also mean “product or emanation” that is something coming from a source, for instance; “son of soil”, ‘son of the Demon’. In [John 15:26] Jesus says that the Spirit of Truth goes out from the Father _ so this Spirit is an emanation from God the Father. And this is the Spirit who came upon Mary and became flesh, whom named Jesus, also called the Son of God [Luke 1:35] or Son of Man [Daniel 7:13 & Matthew 16:27].
How come a Spirit goes out from a Spirit?
Before I answer this question, I want to share with you a short story; “When I was a teenager, I met a faith-healer, he’s nickname was ‘Migo’. He confessed to me that he had an angel friend. One day right after his marriage, he had experienced a supernatural event. He narrated that while he was talking to his parent-in-law inside the house, the angel came and took him outside. To his amazement, while they were talking each other with the angel, he saw his body also talking to his parent-in-law inside the house”. At a young age, I regarded that event as impossible to happen, but not until in my early thirties. In my mid-twenties, I became somewhat curious about Spiritual Faith, I started scanning the Holy Bible occasionally. Though I was born Catholic, I didn’t go to Church to attend Mass often. I became doubtful about Trinity and using of images of Catholicism, because these had been the prevailing objections raised by many Christian denominations, and for me, they seemed had Biblical truths. I often watched Eli Soriano’s Bible Exposition on television, I admired him for his Bible adeptness, he could answer your query right away through quoting of Bible verses, as if he had memorized the whole contents of the Bible. His argument about the Son and Father God whom, for him, are different beings, was convincing on my part. But still I had a feeling left somewhere within me that there must be some explanations behind the accusations because Catholicism is the original Christian Church founded by Christ Himself, hence this should not be fallible. Thanks to the internet age! we can now scan verses comfortably in the Bible that we want to read or consult. I now understand much of the Trinity.
The main problem why people could not comprehend the Trinity in the Bible is because they regard the capability of God as of human, remember that God is the greatest supernatural being, His capability is unlimited, hence all things are possible to Him [Matthew 19:26]. He is not human that depends only on his limited resources. The claim of ‘Migo’ is very possible because a spirit has power. We can divide or fold even our being into many through the power of God’s spirit. We have not become spirits yet, hence we don’t know about spiritual characteristic, but the Bible gives us several verses relating spirits and their capabilities for us to formulate ideas about them. The following are the verses about spirits and their capabilities, let us read and interpret each of them;
1. [Numbers 12:25-26] Then the Lord came down in the cloud and spoke with him, and he took some of the power of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied—but did not do so again. However, two men, whose names were Eldad and Medad, had remained in the camp. They were listed among the elders, but did not go out to the tent. Yet the Spirit also rested on them, and they prophesied in the camp.
COMMENT: . . . He took some of the power of the Spirit . . . God took some of the power of His Spirit and put it on seventy elders so that they prophesied, including Eldad and Medad who were away from the seventy elders. Now, if God could take out some power of His Spirit and put it upon numerous bodies to prophesy, how much more on one body? Therefore, it is very possible for God to take an amount from His powerful Spirit, and sent it to the world to become a man and purified the world. In Luke 4:18, Jesus says that the Spirit of God is upon Him.
Actually, a spirit could transform into a human body anytime, and vice versa [God appeared to Abraham (Genesis 18:1-3); Jacob wrestled with God (Genesis 32:24); & Lot and the angels (Genesis 19:1)]. The birth of Jesus was for the people to believe that indeed He was the Son of God, a descendant of David, and born from a virgin woman as written in the Prophesies; and these prophesies about Him should be fulfilled [Luke 24:44]. When Jesus ascended to Heaven, He was in the human body, since He was raised from the dead. In [Matthew 17:2] Jesus’ body transfigured into white brightness, His face shone like the sun, an indication that His body could transform into light or spirit. A spirit being, whether he is in a human body, could still ascend to heavens.
2. [Revelation 5:6] Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the Earth.
COMMENT: . . . the seven spirits of God sent out into all the Earth. This verse is very evident that God could divide His Spirit into many. Therefore, no doubt that God could emanate another Spirit from His powerful Spirit and send to the world to become a purifier. God could fold His eyes into many, the same way, He could fold His Spirit into many because nothing is impossible to Him [Luke 1:37 & Job 42:2]. These Spirits could detach from each other, and even talk to each other. God has the power to fold Himself into many, and reversely converge them into one being, that’s why He could sometimes be singular or plural as described in the Bible. “Revelation 5:6” solidifies the belief on Trinity.
I wonder why those people who have read the Bible completely, still are skeptic about the Trinity, for there are verses in the Bible that so emphasize it. God is one being but He has the capability to divide His Spirit into many. Just like water, one nature, but it has the capability to scatter upon different places of the Earth, and reversely, it has the capability to converge from different corners into one body. God could pour His Spirit on all people [Joel 2:28]; meaning, He could distribute His Spirit on all people. Just like an electricity, one nature, but it could be distributed to Billions of households. Indeed, God could approach us not just with His three persons, but even with His countless persons. He could appear and talk to all humans at the same time at different venues. Jesus appeared to His more than 500 believers at the same time [1 Corinthians 15:3-9]. God works all things in all persons [1 Corinthians 12:5], let us not limit the capability of God.
ENCOURAGEMENT AND WARNING:
For those who are ignorant of the Holy Scriptures (the Bible or Tanakh and Gospel), I encourage you to read them. There are a lot of them available at the internet today; you waste your own intellect and education if you just depend your Godly knowledge on the rhetoric of your religious leaders; remember that your spiritual life is put at stake in this matter; do you not dream of having eternal life in Heaven? to achieve eternal life is far better than the most precious thing on Earth; Heaven and Earth will pass away, but the word of God will endure forever [Mark 13:31 & Luke 21:33]; so research about God, and do not rest your salvation on other people, because who knows they are lying. You would be easily misled by their lies if you are ignorant of the Holy Scriptures. The Bible warns us, “false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies” [2 Peter 2:1-3]. This means that the original Church would deal false prophets and heresies. And these false prophets and teachers are now among us who have misled billion of people.
And for those people who have read the whole Scripture but still denying Jesus as God, you help Satan spreading his lies; “who is a liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the anti-Christ—denying the Father and the Son” [1 John 2:22]. You let the father of lies guide your heart in exchange of earthly pleasures, so prepare yourselves for the coming fiery lake; “But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death” [Revelation 21:8].